Thursday, November 13, 2014

Final Paper Instructions

Your final papers, due December 11th via email, should be somewhat more complex and research-heavy than your midterm papers. I also ask that the papers be 10-12 pages.

For this paper, I do not ask you to respond to a prompt, but instead to choose and explore a topic of particular interest to you. That means that you can look at a text or issue addressed in class that you DIDN'T explore in your midterm or transcend the boundaries of the class to focus on comics or issues in comics about which you are passionate.  I am more than happy to respond to ideas for papers and/ or provide you with a series of possible prompts if you like. However, you do have freedom to pursue what you choose.

As for finding research, I'd like you to include approximately three sources to enrich your argument (these might include peer-reviewed articles, books on comics lit or theory, or interviews with authors). I am also happy to help you find appropriate research for your chosen topic. By now, you should all have received your midterms with comments. I am happy to discuss them with you and help you figure out how to integrate my comments into final papers. Overall, I was TRULY impressed by the caliber of your work!

No comments:

Post a Comment